JOIN OUR DISCORD
0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Declined Staff Application

mynamederk

1 ) In-Game Name (IGN)

NHLDerek

2 ) Discord contact

derk#6969

3 ) How would you handle two arguing players using that are disrupting the peace?

If two players were arguing and disrupting the peace, I would kindly ask them both to stop, or take it to private message. If what they are arguing about is something that I can help to resolve, or to help de-escalate, I would try my best to make both parties happy. If there's nothing that is able to help the situation, and they continue to argue I would mute both of them for roughly 5 minutes and hope that they stop afterwards. If not, I would punish them for longer.

4 ) What would you do to a player attempting to bypass the profanity filter?

If a player is attempting to bypass the profanity filter, I would warn them, then lead into a temp mute. The mute will increase each time.

5 ) If a player is constantly disruptive and insulting others, how would you handle them?

If two players are going back and forth with each other, and constantly being disrespectful to each other, I would first tell them to stop, and give them a verbal warning. If they were to continue, they would both get a warning for player disrespect. If for some reason they decide to keep on going, I would continue with what the staff tells me.

6 ) Why would we choose you over another applicant?

I am a pretty unique human being that has vast depth of knowledge when it comes to playing on pixelmon. I was previously staff on this server, and have a great time hosting/participating in our community events.

7 ) How many hours a week do you play on our community servers?

As a staff, I will try to get about 10 hours a week on our pixelmon servers.

8 ) What time zone are you playing on?

EST

9 ) What do you know about Pixelmon?

As a person who grew up watching pokemon and playing some of the games, I know a good amount about the pokemon themselves, and I know enough to help out the players on the server. I have played for a couple of months
and know almost everything from commands to prices, etc.

10 ) Any additional information you would like us to know.

N/A

11 ) What server do you mainly play on?

I play both, but I play Inferno more

12) How old are you?

Section B:

A) Player A is arguing with Player B in public chat over a Pokemon. Player B starts calling Player A names to taunt Player A, how would you settle this?
The very first thing I would do is tell them to DM each other if they keep up the argument. I would check the logs and check what they said to each other. I would warn and mute them, and If they keep up the argument in public chat, I would try my best to settle their argument by DMing both of them.

B) You are a helper, and another helper tells you how you should be doing your job, how would you react?
I would respectfully take their advice into consideration and depending on the validity of the comment, I would respectfully deny their advice or accept it.

C) You are a helper and you think a mod is misusing their staff position, how would you handle this?
If they are mod just for the role/commands, I would keep an eye on them and see if they are actually helping the people out at all. If not, I would report it to an Admin and tell them about the situation and let them handle it.

D) Player A is feeling harassed by Player B. Player B keeps DMing

I would instantly break the conversation up by DMing Player B and ask them what/why they have been harassing Player A. When they give me their response, I will DM Player A and see if the 2 stories match up. If they do, Player B will get punished while Player A can play the game peacefully. If the 2 stories do not match up, in most scenarios Player B would be the one lying. I would ask both of the players to go deeper into what happened and whichever one makes more sense to me is how I would give out my punishments.