Not open for further replies.

Meester_Ritchie

Donator
T-REX
MistahRitchie
MistahRitchie
T-REX
Massively disappointed.

We continue to pay and support the server and it seems to be going backwards in ways.
I understand the new core and improvements and alot are welcome.

But this season....

Alot of basic things not working like interactions. Which is putting new players off, the crop hoppers were a great way for new players to make money, borked for weeks now.

Missions still being bugged. We have got to the end already, which is the missions worked as planned would not have been possible so fast.
For this could I suggest a " Beta Group". This group could test the missions before you go live with them for another season of bugs.
I say it like that as there were bugs last season and they have carried over.
This Beta group could all have an island each. Each of the missions are 1 in target. So 1 iron ore, 1 redstone ore etc.
All could report back as to which missions dont work and these can be worked on, rather than a ticket or Admin screen shot.
And I think to do this without reward, unlike the beta's in previous seasons.

Yes this takes time, so have a run in week. This is the end of one season before the next launches.
So after we have last payout, start testing for the next release.
Testing missions will find alot of the faults rather than just looking at general game play.

--------

Incentive for progression.

The rewards for missions seem random and half the time when they do work, pointless.

Example - We "completed" all Zombified Piglin missions, then some missions later received a Zombified Piglin spawner that is not even recognised in the value table.
Set up missions and then look at the reward system and what people may get from the grind.
Imagine grinding 1000+ mobs for a token pouch....to then find there is nothing in the token shop worth getting.

Last season I completed the missions to get to the end as a solo player, no other person did this.
I was assured there would be more missions after the end this season........Nothing. (this whole thing is in a ticket i raised last season once i completed the end)

--------

Islands and a bonus for getting there.

Previous seasons has a themed island and rewards for being there, like spawners and such.

This season, its a straight copy and paste of the starter island but in the new realm, nether and end. This includes the same basics you get in the chests from day 1.

--------

Purchased ranks.

The only reason it would seem to purchase a rank now would be for fly and yes maybe the daily money.
Everything else is either useless or hidden behind a wall that none of the new players will contribute towards.

Gkits - Purchased or won, so pretty rare.
People who dont have them will not feel the need to contribute to fund after Island Upgrades.
How about putting these behind a Mission Wall? so unlock nether, get access to GKITS.

Enchanter - Have this in place of where GKIT was in funds. 100million for people to be able to get some decent enchants is steep when no one is paying in.

Fix - 150 Million to unlock this, which benefits very few people in the scheme of things. So again maybe hide behind a mission wall.

As you can see im big on the missions, why?, because it gets people interacting. The ranks get people as they get a reward for it.
I imagine alot of people would progress through missions if they had something to achieve from it. This is aimed more at those that like to play and know they wont win a top island position.

Bonuses for buying ranks -
Capture.PNG

Player vaults - ok cool
[item] - Pointless feature anyways but doesnt work
No chat cooldown - Not sure anyone has a cooldown
20 Minion Limit - never implemented in a working way
Ender chest - Why, we have PV's

12 Homes - Never used them all, so actually yeah cool
No teleport delay - Cool feature cant argue
+ 9 weekly quests - For shards, to spend on a poor rewarding weekly guy
Signs - Meh they signs
+3 rerolls - as above with weekly
McMMO booster - no idea if this works
Pet boost - Same as above

XP on death - very useful

Capture2.PNG

Near - cant use commands in pvp/pve
craft - very useful
enderchest - again PVs
blocks - useful
disposal - just chuck it on the floor
feed - but we have god

chat colour - good
nv - very useful
hat - oookk
nick - pretty sure we all use it
heal - again we got god
fix - wont get to use it the way the server is going
ext - pointless with god

fastplace - useful
trails - good for those that dont turn off particles
rename - useful
afk - erm ok
seen - used it a couple times

fly - we all know thats cool
ci - pretty useful when u cba to drop a whole invent
kittycannon - used once
xpbottle - handy to have
sell hand - used a couple times, useful
/god - top end useful
kit builder - pointless
fix all - ha
tptoggle - didnt know it was a thing, couldnt imagine using it
lore - still a thing?

hdb - cool to have
furniture - was cool a few seasons back
--------

I do appreciate that the guys who run and maintain the server are busy. Trust me i am not trying to disrespect that.
But these little things would go a long long way.

Skyblock will always be a hard task to balance and I think you were so close this season. A few tweaks and its nailed.

---------

Anyone that got this far please feel free to give input and give your opinion. I will not be negative to any feedback on what I have raised.

Terminated

Vanilla Manager
Management
Vanilla Staff Team
Realistically here's what I take from this.

I get you're annoyed and it may be a surprise but I am just as frustrated as you when things cant be the way we want them. There are just too many constraints to make things perfect all at once.

Before this season missions not working was not something I could possibly fix due to me not delving into the large world of plugin development. As of now I can and am able to fix a lot of things that are broken. Unfortunately I do not have time for everything and there's nobody else that has enough time at the moment to split the workload at all.

Having a beta group isn't something we're going to go back to for the server; it gives an unfair advantage for the new, highly competitive season of skyblock and we saw that in the past so a return to that wouldn't help in that respect. Another issue with it is that it's not a magic bullet. Bugs found in betas were often not able to be fixed and then those same beta testers complained that stuff they found in the beta was still there despite being told it wasn't fixable by us.

Mission rewards is something that is already on a long list of changes and things to update, I agree that the rewards are quite basic right now and I think you would agree that right now if you told people the rewards for 2-2 and 8-2 people wouldn't be able to tell which was which. This was kind of deliberate because we weren't comfortable in the missions system back then and now that we are way more comfortable in that I can go in, adjusting rewards to meet the tier's difficulty level accordingly.

Token shop, although it may seem more barebones, is better on a rotation system. It allows us to put things in there that we never would have considered before due to them being too high value but in this new system we can put those items in there with a relatively low weighting to appear and a decent price and 1 time purchase. This tokenshop can be expanded with items infinitely and there's a lot of possibility for growth with it especially once we implement the other ways of getting tokens that are planned.

The bonus of getting to the island is.. the island. The couple of piglin or enderman spawners weren't really a big bonus for getting there and that's something that could be given in the mission that you unlock it too. There is a big reason that it is a copy of the previous world as well as a reason that it fits in with our plans for the future with a certain feature. Our plan is to differentiate the different worlds more and more to make the incentive to progress through missions greater and greater.

/fund does need a change around, I've got that on the list for next season already too. GKITS are ALWAYS going to be something that the more active players want while newer players and people that don't have them dont want. In the first season that the fund existed, gkits were first if you remember and it wasn't good. High ranked people unlocked their gkits and island upgrades allowing them to boost very far ahead, while normal players couldn't even get custom enchants. It will always be the more active players job to contribute to the fund more than newer players, that's a fact that wont change. I plan to add more features available to everyone to fund later on which will give an incentive for everyone to contribute but right now enchanter is definitely going to be put before gkits and /fix may be reworked to something else entirely or moved around too.

In terms of putting things behind a mission barrier, There is a long term plan for some of this. I'm not sure how far that would go currently but it's not the time to think about longer term big things right now so we'll leave it there. It is always something I wanted to lock stuff behind missions like certain upgrades or commands and I can do that now.

Crop hoppers and sell chests desperately need to be upgraded to be a comprehensive system that everyone can use without issues. We plan to move to a combined system, a bit like the chunk collectors we did have but combined with sell chests, they would collect mob drops, crops etc and sell them in a time frame. Other mob farms to store stuff would still be made using upgradeable hoppers but these would be the new standard for farms.

Rank perks - not all the perks are going to have an effect on island top or the competition at all. Why is [item] and more useless than chatcolor? Assuming it was working they are both chat features that are purely quality of life and are nice for people to have. Stuff like [inv] and [bal] are nice and I see people use them all the time. Things like the minion limit are more complicated. A limit has been successfully implemented this season and minions are not broken to no end. There are some buffs and changes I would like to make but I would love to increase the minion limits to what they were originally meant to be as soon as possible with the same balance that was intended.
heal, feed, ext are all meant to be used in a context where /god can't be used for example pve or pvp, I know some of those commands do work there but I will check if all of them do and will fix if they don't. you should also be able to use /near in pvp which I can try and fix.

Unfortunately quite a few of the things you've brought up aren't something that physically can change mid season and the suggestions are welcome and where there have been changes from the plan I've noted them down. The suggestions are welcome and I'm glad that someone on your island has actually decided to use the forums which is the only way to make suggestions like this. Hopefully now you'll see the good impact it has and may be more willing in the future :)

Utter

real quick about the missions/beta testing.
i understand why you wouldn't want a beta test cause players who participate will know some upcoming missions etc etc.
but, without any sort of testing u run into the problem from the previous 2 maps where about 20-30 percent of all missions just dont work and need a ticket to be skipped.
the good thing this map was that admins such as pinette and vlawz were always fairly fast in responding and helping people out with these issues, but obviously this is much less then ideal. especially for newer players who dont know what to do when encountering these "broken" mission or how to make a ticket.

i believe a beta test could be good if u either make it an open beta test, so that everyone has a fair chance since anyone who would want that advantage of checking out the missions, could check them out, make sure they work, and not just the people who would be invited.
another solution would be to get all the missions tested by a few select people who wont be playing the upcoming map, aka admins or staff members from other realms such as survival or pixelmon.

all of this doesnt have to be in like the last day before the reset, you can do this 2 weeks before if u have to to leave the team enough time to actually fix any bugs that were found. if worse comes to worse you delay the release of the next map by a week. cause im pretty sure everyone can agree they would rather have a working season a little later then a season with constant bugs right away.

as we kind of gathered from this map, i feel like no testing is not an option for the upcoming map.

on most other stuff i either agree or see where ur coming from term.
i would like to note tho that the customization of the end and nether map on previous maps did make it a little more interesting and refreshing. for example the shulker spawner and the enderman spawners scattered around in the end. it was just a nice little addition that i liked and am sad to see gone this map.

also i have a forums acc now, r u proud of me :p

Terminated

Vanilla Manager
Management
Vanilla Staff Team
real quick about the missions/beta testing.
i understand why you wouldn't want a beta test cause players who participate will know some upcoming missions etc etc.
but, without any sort of testing u run into the problem from the previous 2 maps where about 20-30 percent of all missions just dont work and need a ticket to be skipped.
the good thing this map was that admins such as pinette and vlawz were always fairly fast in responding and helping people out with these issues, but obviously this is much less then ideal. especially for newer players who dont know what to do when encountering these "broken" mission or how to make a ticket.

i believe a beta test could be good if u either make it an open beta test, so that everyone has a fair chance since anyone who would want that advantage of checking out the missions, could check them out, make sure they work, and not just the people who would be invited.
another solution would be to get all the missions tested by a few select people who wont be playing the upcoming map, aka admins or staff members from other realms such as survival or pixelmon.

all of this doesnt have to be in like the last day before the reset, you can do this 2 weeks before if u have to to leave the team enough time to actually fix any bugs that were found. if worse comes to worse you delay the release of the next map by a week. cause im pretty sure everyone can agree they would rather have a working season a little later then a season with constant bugs right away.

as we kind of gathered from this map, i feel like no testing is not an option for the upcoming map.

on most other stuff i either agree or see where ur coming from term.
i would like to note tho that the customization of the end and nether map on previous maps did make it a little more interesting and refreshing. for example the shulker spawner and the enderman spawners scattered around in the end. it was just a nice little addition that i liked and am sad to see gone this map.

also i have a forums acc now, r u proud of me :p
In terms of broken missions, the difference this time is that our staff members have a protocol now to report these as bugs and I will go through every reported one and fix it individually, even after a ticket is closed after a skip its being logged now when before it wasnt. Using staff members is something we did in the past and it didn't always turn out well because we ended up relying on them and then when they didn't pull through it was broken still.

Thanks for finally taking my advice. Using this platform is going to be the best way to express all of your concerns for the future and give us suggestions in a better format than discord could ever provide. It also allows members of the community to contribute to those thoughts in a public way. I hope after stuff like this gets fixed due to your communication here, you will use it more because I know you have a good brain for suggestions utter and we'd love to hear everything from everyone for any features or changes to make skyblock and blaze better on the whole.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.