0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Boowiii: Discipline Application

itsboowi

General Information
1. In-Game Name: Boowiii (Boo-Wee)
2. Discord Contact: Rest In Peace Vinny#2280
3. Time Zone: EST (UTC-5)
4. Dedicated Server: Infernal
5. Hours: Currently a whole Nine (Now 24 as I revise).

Optional Information That May or May Not Be Useful:

Obligations: College 2 Days/Week + Work 3 Days/Week.

PSA: I have a background in Psychology; I plan to become a Psychiatrist. I also thoroughly enjoy forums, moderating, and formulating criteria for a great application— if you have a position for forum moderator or something along the lines, I'd be willing to apply for that if opportunity is made available and I achieve more time with this community. I have plenty of experience with references.

There are also team drafts at the bottom, should you be interested. Mainly for viewing pleasure with supplement Pokepastes to display the sets.

Availability Chart (General)
Sunday​
Monday​
Tuesday​
Wednesday​
Thursday​
Friday​
Saturday​
5:00pm - 1:00am
2:30pm - 1:00am
4:00pm - 1:00am
2:30pm - 3:00am
1:00pm - 3:00am
11:00am - 2:00am
12:00pm - 12:00am

Why do I Want to Become a Gym Leader?
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎In short; I absolutely adore the concept of competitive battling (even though I primarily play Doubles which is a bit tricky for the server's desired metagame), finding higher purpose in providing players with a way to enhance their experience further— for the countless hours players devote to theory crafting, testing, and piloting intricate teams, gyms should be a method of showing it. I've invested in Pokémon Showdown since 2015, and have since always loved Monotype, VGC, and Anything Goes. With Monotype, the teambuilding restrictions are the most fun part— taking something with a clear weakness and asking "How do I solve this?" has always been a motivator with any obstacle, and I owe that to my years of playing. I've never breached past 1550 on the ladder at any given time, as the crux of my "try-hard" phase came from being a mere 12-14 years old. Enhancing and updating Gyms with each generation, as well as trying to become my own has always been a childhood fantasy.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎I find myself coming back to Pixelmon with a surge of motivation every month or two, but it's always been solo adventures or private servers when offered. Without intent of flattering, none have quite hit the same as this one— whether it be due to a mutual friend who plays, a rather approachable community, a lack of ridiculous inflation, or whatever the case may be. To put it simply, it's fun being here and I have intent to spend as much time as possible playing while dancing through the rain in terms of all of my other curriculars. Now that a gym application opportunity has presented itself, the timing lined up as soon as I started playing. Though I should technically have more hours, I hope my dedication to this application will provide feasible understanding that my intentions are clear and forward.

What Gym Am I Applying For? - Discipline
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Thank you for reading and for this opportunity.

(Potential) Team Drafts (No EVs)

Under Revision
#1 Pokepaste (Click for Link)

Under Revision
#2 Pokepaste (Click for Link)

Under Revision
#3 Pokepaste (Click for Link)

I'm unaware of any teambuilding criteria besides being legal for National Dex on this server. If these teams violate any hidden code, don't hesitate to make me aware. This was mostly for fun + to showcase teambuilding "competence" so to speak.
If you have any feedback on my sets, please contact me on Discord! I'm not so good with Singles metagames, so hazards are nonexistent in my eyes.

Should there be any revisions to this application, they will appear here, aptly dated.
2 November 2021 9:20 PM: Edit #1 - Fixed some spacing oversights.
3 November 2021 2:55 PM: Edit #2 - UnrefinedStyle has mentioned that there is a one legend per-team restriction as per Server rules. I'll be revising my illegal teams in the coming hours. Thank you to them.

Last edited: